Wednesday, February 4, 2009

January has come and gone

So Kari's birthday is long over- I know. However our family just celebrated it together the last week in January- so maybe my posts are not that far off.

A little catch up with what I've been doing this past month-
  • Back to the nannying- had kids the last 3 weeks of January- three different families- one of which including a 14 month old- who was the easiest kid out of them all.
  • Was able to meet some old friends for lunch and dinner in the cities and catch up- loved that.
  • Attended a few Hockey games, soccer practices, dance and gymnastics, basketball games, and even a swim meet- all for kids 12 and under (so real competition I am talking about- SKILLS)
  • Was able to head to Marshalltown to spend time with Steve, Amy, and Jack and meet their new little Henry.
  • As mentioned- had dinner with my family including both grandmas in Duluth for Kari's birthday.
  • Spent many hours in the car.
  • Caught a few movies in the theaters (which I love to do) though most were kids flicks, I did manage to see Taken and Bride Wars.
  • Watch the Super Bowl- Amy and I were seen jumping, screaming, hugging and then crying- well maybe not the last one but we really wanted those Cardinals to pull it out.
  • Got a plane ticket back to Sierra Leone- May 19th.

Mostly kid stuff, and though I have a few good stories- I think for most of them you have to have been there or be a person who truly loves kids to want to read them each day- well maybe I'll start putting them on here and you can just decide for yourself from now on.

Sorry for the lack of posts and thanks to many of you who checked in on me to make sure I was still here.

2 comments:

April said...

Are you back in town?? LET'S MEET UP!!!!!! ?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting!!!