Thursday, October 2, 2008

My little buddy

I know I have mentioned Little Patrick before, but I am not sure I have put photos of him up yet. Everyone here calls him my son and I would keep him forever if I could. He is just precious. He comes to my door and says "mommy Christie- I want to come to you." He is just a little thing, but so smart and is great at correcting my English. We want the kids here to speak more English on the compound instead of Creole- or vernacular- so that it will help with their writing and education. However I had been trying a tiny bit to speak a little Creole- so one day Patrick and Nancy and I were in the barri when mommy Mary had come home from town. I looked at them and said, "mommy don come" and Patrick says, "mommy Christie- it is Mommy has come." He is great. a few days later he was walking towards the gate so I asked him if he was going to see uncle Ben (the security) and he told me, "no I'm going to see uncle gateman."I have taken him to town or to go get bricks or wood with the older boys and as we get to the road leading into JCC I let him sit on my lap (there are NO car seats in this country) and "drive". Well since he has done this a couple times he now thinks he is my driver and everytime I go anywhere he needs to come drive. I have asked him if he has a driver's liscence to which of course he says yes. He is a sweet boy who has filled my days with laughter and fun.

1 comment:

Wallestads said...

What precious pictures of a precious little one. We have so enjoyed reading your blog, Christie! I can't believe it's almost time for you to be back in the states. It's crazy to me how quickly the time has gone! Perhaps our paths will cross up in Cook this fall. :) We're praying for you as you wrap up this visit in Bo, and we will cover you with prayer for safe travel.

Blessings to you,
Melissa, Josh, and Evan