Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thanks FW Friends

Last Spring, my good friends at FW Friends (the children's Wednesday night group at our church in Cook) did what we called a formula drive. The kids brought in money each week for about a month so that we could use the money to buy formula for the children in the "Baby Mother" program here in Salone. There are some infants who have either lost their mom or are malnourished and need some extra care for a time who Jonathan House provides support for. Formula is a big need and the kids at FW Friends did a GREAT job coming together to help these kids- they raised over $500 with their change have made a difference in the lives of kids halfway around the world. THANK YOU!!!
This is Jesse. He is still a bit malnourished but has been getting a little better day by day. He is about 9 months old and is now living with one of the cooks from JCC. Here he is with Marian and some of that precious formula that is mixed with a little extra love.
The other thing the kids at FW Friends did for me was write me letters to take with and open as I needed to get a little lift from home. They have made me smile, laugh, and feel the extra love and support I needed at times. I love being a part of this group and look forward to seeing them soon after I get home.
Thanks again and God Bless You!!!

No comments: