Monday, August 10, 2009

Becoming a little too African

So I am sitting her with my brown fleece on. I am not even sure what the temperature is outside, but last night I had to close all the windows to the hut and where my long sleeve shirt and pants and cuddle up in my blanket all night. I think it is in the lower 70s. Yup I might have adjusted a little too much. :)

It is a small (or large) blessing that I am very thankful for. I am sure there are going to be days where I am beastly hot and ready to be done with the sun- but for all the other things I have had to adjust to- I am glad that the weather has really not been difficult for me. I am sure when I come home it will be even harder to adjust but...

Thanks for all your prayers for Kaddie. She really is doing a lot better than I would be and yet I do believe that God gives you the strength you need when you need it. I have visited her each day but was not able to go on Saturday- well Sunday morning I found her outside my door- just checking ON ME. I do love her.

I will admit to having some stretching, difficult moments these past few weeks. I am so thankful that through it I have not questioned whether I should be here- I do feel I should, but I will admit to not feeling as strong as I could be- or feeling a bit drained at times. But then something will happen- some kids will come along and touch me where I need it, I will be listening to my gramp's tapes and hearing how he had difficult times and persevered through it, a friend will visit, family will call- I know God is meeting me in those times and that He never said it would be easy but that He will always be here with me.

I'll try to get back on here soon with more of an update- until then let me just share a quick moment this Saturday with our Street Kids. We had a quick event with the kids in the street kids program and when it was finished and the kids were free to go home they decided that they wanted to have a time of worship and prayer. All on their own they initiated it, led it, and meant it. I was honored and blessed to be a part of their group this weekend. They are growing into some fine young men and women. This was one of those moments that pulled me back and refocused me. God is good.

No comments: