Sunday, March 7, 2010

Swimming

I am sure with the snow just starting to leave the ground- all of you are not thinking of swimming yet- or maybe you are hoping that you will be sometime soon. I mentioned before that for Christmas day we took the kids to Bandejuma to the river beach. It was beautiful and I promised myself I would be back again soon. Well as you know- life gets busy and it hasn't happened yet. Today was to be the day. For the past few weeks I had this day on the calender and was somewhat counting the days. As silly as it is- I miss water. Here in Bo we have streams and very small rivers. I am so used to driving by large bodies of water everyday- I miss even just seeing them. Granted when I travel I do see them, but.. I wish it were more often.
While in town the past two days I have tried to get fuel for the jeep- each time finding all the fuel stations empty. This has happened quite a few times in the past. Usually the next morning you will be able to get fuel. Well three days into this- still no fuel- even early in the morning. When I asked today they said it would be at least Monday. Since there is only about 1 gallon left in the jeep-I have now parked it. That also means no trip to the beach.

This time, with it having lasted for a few days, everything is a bit more difficult. We are in the time of year when electricity is very rare. At times there will only be light for 4-5 hours every 3-5 days. That means all business are running their generators- if they have not stocked up on fuel- it's time to close until there is more. (Good thing the Internet cafe is still open). Charging phones, keeping anything cool, and especially getting transport is not easy. It is a good thing I am good at walking as now almost all the transport hondas are short on fuel as well. I guess it will be a few days of fun found at home.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

light for 4-5 hours every 3-5 days
I had no idea of this. This is just one thing i appreciate about your posts! Thanks for educating us Christie