Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Snow Sculptures

These photos are from WEEKS ago- but hey the snow was also supposed to be gone by now so I figure I can still post them as it feels like we are still in the midst of Winter. Amy, the dogs and I headed over to Ely one Sunday afternoon to see all the snow sculptures. I am amazed at what these people can do. We did take some photos but they do no justice to seeing it with your own eyes. All I can think is that my brain does not work the same way as these fine folks. These sculptures are huge and so detailed. All my mind sees is a huge pile of snow and that I could probably build a snow fort and dig some tunnels into it but beyond that I see just getting the part I want right and then carving the next section only to have that part fall off on the ground. :)
We took the dogs for a walk afterwards and then headed to get some ice cream- cold weather is no reason to skip this fine cold treat. My dad started a (probably bad) habit long ago by getting an ice cream cone for Madison and now Sage and Gabee love ice cream as well. So they too shared a cone. Our vet did say they have amazingly healthy teeth- could it be that little extra calcium?

1 comment:

LB said...

did your dogs pee on the snow sculptures? cause THAT would have been funny. just sayin...