Friday, February 29, 2008

Happenings over the last month...

1) I took a few nanny jobs again- didn't realize how much I missed being with the kids.

2) On a bowling outing with the Nelson kids I bowled a 167 without bumpers- great for me and it is not too often that I bowl without bumpers so...

3) I have attended a few kids soccer and hockey practices and games, I forget how LONG an hour can be while there.

4) I spent a weekend with the youth from our church at Trout Lake Camp- well a new part of the camp.

5) I connected my jaw with a kid's head- don't worry he's fine, he has a hard head, however I chipped (or rather broke off part of) my back tooth and I need to get a crown- might as well do it all the way.

6) I'm headed to Iowa this week to talk about heading to Sierra Leone SOON. It is all coming together quite quickly and there is a good chance I will be leaving in early April. I'll let you know more after the meeting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ceek,
A man who goes by “57Y” for security reasons had a comment about point 4. He said “There’s a gal who goes to our church who really connects with the kids. I don’t know what her name is – but it starts with ‘Christie’.”
We thot your comment at the end of point 5 could be attached to the end of each point - "might as well do it all the way". Nannying again - might as well do it all the way! Going to Salone SOON - might as well do it all the way!
Actually, that pretty much describes the way you live your life - might as well do it all the way! That's what God wants from you to serve Him all the way!!
We're proud of you!
Mom and Dad

Erin said...

Good luck with the Sierra Leone planning, Christie! You're in my thoughts and prayers!