Saturday, February 2, 2008

Our Big Game

You don't have to tell me the Packers are not in the Super Bowl, believe me I know. Even so they are the team I love and as this football season comes to an end I feel the need to blog about them one more time. Tomorrow we'll watch the Giants and Patriots play in the "Big Game". Tomorrow I'll admit that it is only about them, however for Amy and I the "Big Game" for us was back on January 12th when the Pack played the Seahawks.
This year Amy and I received a Christmas present that made us scream- tickets to the Packer's playoff game- thanks to mom, dad, Grandma, and Gramps. We were even given a dollar each to buy a souviner (from Gramps because anything Packer is not worth more than a dollar).

In past playoff games we purchased exact seat tickets, but this year with tickets being so expensive we went through Packer Fan Tours and bought the package with seats in the endzone rows 1-25. To make a long story shorter when we arrived at the ticket office (as the doors opened Sat. morning) we asked if we had choice of best seats available. I guess this is not the way things usually go, but we were told to wait as our new best friend went to check what was open. Coming back she told us the seats in the endzone but also mention we could up grade to the 50 yard line, row 9, behind the PACKERS BENCH for $50. No time needed to think about that- we took it (and tried unsuccessfully not to freak out too much until we got outside).

True to character we arrived at Lambeau Field as the doors opened, watched the players warm up, ate a brat, and got all giddy because we were actually there. What a game it was. No we didn't loose hope as we went behind by 14 in the first 3 minutes (just held our breath for a bit). We felt like we were a big part of the team as we watched them on the sidelines pulling together. The game quickly turned around and we screamed in excitment from that moment on. Snow coming down, standing shoulder to shoulder with our new family (the Packer Fans around us), our team on the field playing like we know they can even if the lines were no longer visible- that was how memories were made as we (fans to the core) had a dream come true.
Yes I know the next week's game was not the same, I know the Pack didn't play like they should have against the Giants. I know tomorrow's Super Bowl does not include our team, but I also know that this game - against the Seahawks- was still A BLAST. We still bleed green and gold, and next year we'll be right back in it again.(Of course a better ending would have been if we had attended a playoff game on their way to a Super Bowl Victory.)
Enjoy the game tomorrow!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wonderful, Christie! I'm glad you had a great time! Love the pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

How great of "your new best friend" to take such good care of you :) I love your snow pictures. Now we just need to pray a little that our buddy Brett will come back for another great season.

Love ya!
Holly

Libby Design said...

Oh my...to say I'm jealous would be a complete understatement. Wow! I told Chad I'd have KILLED to be at that game...then I come across your blog and see your incredible pictures. *Sigh* Maybe someday I'll make it to Lambeau...like next year when my boyfriend (Brett Favre) returns for another stellar year. :)

Looks like you guys had a blast. Glad you were able to be there to enjoy the Lambeau experience to it's fullest!