Friday, January 6, 2012

Two New Pumois?

Yes I have to take a second glance when looking at photos with this fine hairstyle I was given for a wedding I was in. All here loved it. So even though I look a little different the one on the left is me. :) The one on the right is my dear new/old roommate Kate. She also has a new hairstyle for the wedding so I am going to have a get a post with a photo of our real looks soon. Kate was very brave and came to Sierra Leone for the first time this past August. She was going to be staying with us for a year but will have to leave early this April- it is going to come way too soon. Kate is a teacher and has been a great help in our JCC primary school. Of course our kids here LOVE her and she has been a source of encouragement and laughter for me. I admit that it takes time to get used to having a roommate no matter where you are and that stands true for here as well- but we have gotten quite used to each other and have had more laughs than I could ever count. (many vehicle breakdowns, broken toilets, falling off the ferry benches, cooking experiments, odd smells during game nights with friends...) During these past months of uncertainty and struggles having Kate here has been more than a blessing to me. God knows what we need even when we are not too sure about it all. I admit to wondering what it would be like to have someone else living in the hut with me, sharing not only my space but my kids and friends outside and... and yes there have been a few moments of adjustment and learning boundaries, however I could not be more thankful for Kate or more sad to think about her leaving me in just a few short months.

Thanks for taking the chance- for being brave enough to get on the plane not knowing who would be there to meet you on the other side- and for loving these people who mean so much to me and now also to you Kate. Now let's head to town and get another cold coke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA....wow just read that...thanks for sharing all my talented moments...I do have some skills...LOVE you and miss you and the my sierra leone family dearly