Monday, March 11, 2013

Unexpected Gifts in the Container

It was afternoon number who knows how many and I was yet again in the hut where we had quickly unloaded a bunch of the stuff and really just threw it all inside. Some boxes and bags, Random piles of clothes and other items, the lone flip-flop or shoe that would later have to be matched... I was over knee deep and completely surrounded and this was even after many other items had been removed. I look over to one side and see this red infant swing with two metal hooks on top. I just think to myself- HMMMM. Not really a good hmmm or a bad hmmm but just looking at something I did not really expect to see while trying to decide if I can even figure out where to start in this hut just made me think hmmmm. I held it hanging from my arm and continued to look around- I looked at Barjon and Saidu who were in that hut with me (this is NOT my hut by the way but a one room open hut on the lower side of the compound) and then just walked out of the hut and headed to the kitchens of the upper three houses as the twins are both up there. I may have no clue how to begin in the hut but I can figure out a way to hang this swing.
We have a metal clothes line that runs behing the kitchens and ties to a tree beside it. We threw the hooks over the line and it was actually Mbatilo who was there with us. We put him in the swing and he almost immediately had a huge smile on his face. He didn't want to be taken out. The next morning we brought Mbalama out for her to see what it was all about. As you can see from the photo above she was also in love.

The twins now fight over this swing. When ever you try to remove them they squirm and fight to stay inside. If they are far away from the swing but see it they will try by all means to get over to it. We have had to start taking it down when we really don't want them to be in it. But most of the time it is fun for everyone involved- even those who are too big to sit inside. It is so helpful for the moms as well as the kids are kept happy, occupied, and honestly tied in if they really need to get something done. Now we just need to put two of them side by side.

Thanks to whoever thought to put this into that jam packed container.

No comments: