Saturday, November 1, 2008

My "Nephew" Jackson

Holly has always been the fourth Shermer girl. In fact all growing up she fought more with Nick than I did, but for some reason I would always get yelled at for it. We too fought like sisters at times and couldn't get enough time together. Whenever there was a snow day from school- you know meaning no travel suggested on the roads, our moms would figure out how to bring one of us to the others house so we could get snowed in together. We have some great memories and are now making even more. One of the hard parts of being so far away in Sierra Leone was missing the birth of Holly and Aaron's son Jackson. My mom and Amy were able to go see him in the hospital though and send me photos, however I needed to go meet him for myself shortly after getting home.
Holly and Jackson
He truly is the best baby- so easy going and really does like to smile, that is until the camera comes out. Then it is always this wide-eyed look you see here. Jackson was born about than two weeks after my niece Koryn was born but was bigger than her the day he arrived and has continued to make her look like small.
I was able to stay for tacos with Holly and Aaron and just spend some time catching up. I love that they are not too far away and hope to get down there again sometime soon.



No comments: