Friday, June 18, 2010

PATO

My boy once again. I know I have to be more careful- as I really do love them all, but it seems Patrick is my shadow and always around so there happen to be more photos of him and I just love this one. Amy wanted to take a picture of us so Patrick said, "Mommy Christie come closer." and just held my face like this. He is so sweet. AND smart. He and Betty have a big part in our up coming school graduation ceremony. Together they go back and forth in a short reading- where each of them have a good 15 lines each. Patrick was slower than Betty to learn, but once he did he learned both parts and no corrects Betty each time she says it wrong. He can even stand there and read both parts from start to finish. One evening we were practicing together and the two of them could not stop causing trouble. So I said to them that I wanted them to each be serious- to try their best to make it the whole way through. Then as soon as they started I just got the giggles and couldn't stop. It was hilarious and we decided that a night of laughing was better for us at that time.

When it comes to this jeep Patrick thinks he is the co-driver and in turn co-owner. I remember when we were little my gramps would let us sit on his lap and drive. When we were a bit older in Elementary school my gramps lived with us while they were building their home on Elbow Lake. Each morning we took turns sitting beside him steering on the way to school. When the kids and I are in the car driving up our JCCM road I let them take turns driving with me- oh how Patrick loves that. He is always telling me to let go of the steering wheel and he honks every two seconds, but I love seeing his smile. The other day he came to me after uncle Joe borrowed the jeep. He said, "Mommy Christie, Uncle Joe spoiled the jeep." "No Patrick he is just borrowing it." "Mommy Christie he spoiled it- the voice changed." Well he was right- not that the vehicle was broken but that the voice had changed. There was an exhaust problem so it sounded a bit different and he knew that.

It will be so much fun to have my family meet all of my kids and come to know them and love them as I do. Emily and Darby Youngstrom were the first girls I nannied for- they became my parents first grand kids. My mom spoiled them and loves them. Now just think how many grand kids she is going to have.

No comments: