Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rat Hunt

This is one post I should have posted at the time, the story would have been so much better. I will still try my best now. While Amy and Karen were visiting I once again had some rats in the hut. They seem to know when other guests come and decide that is the best time to come welcome them too. For a few nights we could here them but could not find them, one evening we finally saw one run across the floor. Who do we go looking for but Jerry of course. As we walk out the door we run into Bockarie instead. When we ask him if he is a good rat hunter he replies YES very confidently. So we invite him in- he comes into my room, starts looking and when he sees the rat he jumps and screams like a girl. HHMMM- good rat hunter I think not. Back to Jerry. Now we have the two of them. We often see the rat but it manages to get right past them. Bock looking in the pot- why? well maybe those rats are trickier than we thought.

Jerry- more of the professional, looking behind the chair.
I was of help as long as I could hold the broom or something- as soon as they took it away I felt the need to stand on the chair. Amy and Karen just sat on the couch laughing the whole time- especially when they locked the three of us into my room with the rat- however even that didn't stop him and he managed to escape. We ended the night not finding him- we thought he ran out the front door. No worries the sticky traps we put out managed to catch him in the night. I ran out the next morning saying, "We caught him, we caught him!" However no one gave me the credit for catching him. Oh well at least we had one less visitor for awhile.

I am hoping that they do not choose to come while my family is here- that and the spiders as my mom is not good with them at all.

No comments: