Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Finally Home

We finally made it up to Cook Sunday night in time to say a quick hello and head off to Sunday Night Alive. (Of course we did have to stop in Cloquet at the Warming Shack for some really good Cedar Crest ice cream:) It was crazy to see home- it has changed so much. Our old house is completely gone, just some grass and dirt where it once stood. The shop is now expanded and has a second story. Amy has her own house. At least I still have a bed there. It was a lot of fun and really just a quick stop as I was given the opportunity to speak at SNA so we didn't want to be late. I love the music and singing and dancing in Salone but I have to admit that I miss the worship music that I am used to- so I was thankful and excited that we would be able to attend SNA- and even more pleased that I could share a little of what is happening in Salone. Nick, Jamie, Alina and Koryn were home to meet us as well. I LOVE spending time with my family and love that JK can not just meet them but spend some good time with them as well. We manages to get in a few games of darts and had a blast. We only had a cheap plastic board and we all stink but we laughed and laughed.
We were all intently checking out JK's pictures from his day with dad when mom starts yelling "Y'all missed it, Y'all missed it!!!" We turn to see that she has hit a center bulls eye- she did it again a few rounds later and you can bet we were all watching for that one.One night shortly after arriving home we had to run into town for something and were able to run over to the Glass Residence to meet little Sawyer and give April a big hug. It feels as if I already know Sawyer but it was great to see him and be able to hold him. We didn't get to stay long but a few days later we had a much needed girls night at Ape's house- with chocolate fondue- yum.So we were all waiting for JK's first snow. He has been freezing since coming- even when it was 60 degrees. Every time he goes outside he has at least two layers on his legs and 4-5 layers on top. When he woke up and it was just starting to snow he walked straight out in just fleece pants and two t-shirts and his slippers. It was fun to watch and the snow was so wet and heavy you can guess what we ended up doing- bare hands and all.Growing up with snow it is hard to truly imagine what people who haven't seen it think. I didn't even think about what he thought it would feel like. Obviously whenever I tell someone about snow I tell them it is so cold the rain freezes and turns to snow- so really it is frozen rain. Well JK thought it would hurt- I mean it should be ice falling from the sky. I guess I never explain the soft, fluffy part.How happy was I that Holly and Jackson were able to come over Sunday afternoon for a few hours. I just love them both- and Aaron too. Holly is the fourth (well now maybe fifth with Jamie- however Holly was here first) Shermer sister- always has been, always will be. Koryn and Jackson are only a few weeks apart. At first Jackson was huge and Koryn was this tiny thing- now they are really quite the same. I just love watching little ones try to figure out how to play together. Though it always seems that one is more interested in the dog that the other kid. Yes I am bummed that I will miss welcoming Baby Boy Peterson #2, but I couldn't be more happy for all of them. I think I will soon have two nieces and two nephews. :-)A few nights at home we ended up sitting around the piano or guitar just singing songs. I know my dad loved it and the rest of us did too. JK talent was and is a blessing to us all. The part I loved the most was that we could say- hey that song is a little too high- or too low- and he would just move it for us. All this fun led mom to suggest we sing in church together Sunday morning- who can say no to mom? We even got Nick and Kari up there along with Amy, Mom, JK, and I. It was listed as James Kainwo and the Shermers in the bulletin. I think if Nick wasn't part of the group it could have been JK and the Shermettes.
While home during deer season there is no way I would miss out on getting some time in the shop. One day I happened to get done early so JK and I headed up to Tower to see mom and Amers. We picked up some good smoothies on main street and headed over to the Tower School. Walking in we ran into a couple people who knew exactly who we were- been talking much mom :). It was like Mom brought us to school for show and tell. All around the school we went on a little meet and greet tour. It was a lot of fun and great to see the people that mom and Amy talk about. We were able to get in some good times at home- but I think it's these simple memories that I really do enjoy the most. More to come (I promise Becky- I'm really going to try)

1 comment:

becky said...

And you know I'll be waiting!
Love ya lots!!!