Thursday, December 17, 2009

We Did Make It

So JK and I did finally arrive home the night of Dec. 15th- well it was then that we flew into Lungi. We drove through the night and arrived in Bo around 4am. I have to say traveling the second time was not easy either. When we went to check in this time they said we were not on a flight from Chicago to London. WELL.... It was United that changed our flights and booked us on that one. I guess I was so worried about the London to Freetown flight I didn't make a bunch of noise about getting to London first. So after ANOTHER hour and some at the ticket counter we finally had our boarding passes and checked our bags. From there it went pretty smoothly- though we did have to wait in London for 5 hours and then another hour sitting on the plane before actually taking off. We did get all our bags when we landed and walked out to meet our friends Joe and Solomon. All in all we made it and it might not have been SOOO bad but I wouldn't do it again.

Right now Joe and I are sitting on the ferry waiting to cross back over to the airport and pick up Amy and Meghan. It doesn't seem like I even spent anytime at home. I am excited to see them and start our busy, fun-filled next two weeks.

I have scheduled some posts to come out- so that may be why this blog is a little confusing in it's updates but at least you are getting something.

No comments: