Friday, November 23, 2007

Food, Family, and Football

Happy Day After Thanksgiving!!!

I have to say that I love Thanksgiving. It truly is my favorite holiday. In our family it is a big deal and at least a two day event. This year was a little different but still a lot of fun. We usually head to Elk River, MN and get together with my grandpa Wally's sister's family as well as the whole Olson crew. Thursday is dinner and the big football game- yes we even have 11-14 man teams- Friday is round two. This year we decided to do the Olson crew up here and the Anderson crew in Elk River. We did miss them but I am sure we had enough food to feed each person as well as their dog, horse and cat- so we each ate a little more while thinking of them.

Our football game this year was watched on TV with the rumbling in our tummies instead of on the field. Of course the Packers won with a little help from Amy and I.
For those of you who know us, you know we are a game family. The rest of the evening (some into the wee hours of morning) was filled with many different games for all ages. I can say that I am thankful for each moment. It was very special to have this day together, especially with Gramps.

Today- a little more of the same. Eating, games, and napping.

I hope each of you had a day that left you content and happy as well.

No comments: