Thursday, November 8, 2007

They're Home

We waited by the glass doors watching people come down the escalators looking for 3 kids in flip-flops. After about 15 minutes down they came with smiles from everyone. I watched Jen and Katie meet up with their family and then Tenneh came running over yelling "Christie" and gave me a big hug with Natoma following shortly behind her. I realize the kids know who I am but it has been well over a year since we have seen each other and though we have written letters back and forth I just wasn't sure they would recognize me, but they did. We then went over to Nancy's brother's house and spent a few hours just hanging out together. It was so good to see each of the Pins family members.


Hearing Tenneh, Natoma, and Kabba talking and laugh was a very sweet sound to my ears. I love their accent and free laughter. Another precious treasure were all the letters Mike and Nancy brought for me from the kids at Jonathan House. It is always like Christmas for me to open and read each one. It is hard to focus on much else knowing they are there waiting for me to read. I wanted to pull over on the way to Mike and Lorie's but I was able to hold off until I got there.

On another note- I stopped at the McHugh's (a family I started nannying for over 7 years ago and who have become dear family friends) to give my buddy Eddie a pair of Packer socks. You see he, his dad Bill and some friends are headed to Lambeau field Sunday for the big game. It is cold during the game and I just wanted to make sure he was well taken care of. Good thing for him though that I forgot the socks- He unfortunately is a Vikings fan ( I love you anyway). I do hope they have a ton of fun. No matter what happens there is no football experience that compares to being surrounded by all that history and being a part of the crowd at Lambeau- even if you are cheering for the opposing team.

I was able to spend some time with Emily and Mason as well and somehow managed to beat both Eddie and Mason 4 times in a row at Mario Kart- I had to leave right after so that my streak wouldn't be lost. It must have been Joanne's great chili that made the difference.

Thanks McHugh's for a great night. I miss spending time with all of you. Cheer hard for the Vikes- we all know they'll need it and that is what you are there for. Know that I will be yelling and jumping around my living room rooting on the Packers.

GO PACK!!!!

No comments: