Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Welcome Home Pins Family

Tomorrow morning I will be heading to the cities to pick up Jen Pins at Bethel and then we will head over to the airport together to meet Katie Pins and some more family. Arriving from Freetown, Sierra Leone (via many other places) at 1:30 will be Mike and Nancy Pins along with the three youngest Pins kids- Tenneh, Natoma, and Kabba. I am excited and honored to be asked to be part of this. I love this family and am looking forward to spending some time with them. It will also be great to see some of my friends from Jonathan House again. I know it is a big transition for Tenneh, Natoma, and Kabba. What a great thing to be able come home with your family and see all the opportunities for you here in America and yet to say good-bye to all your friends and the home you have known all your life... A lot must be going on inside these precious kids. I pray for them daily as well as Mike, Nancy, Jen, and Katie. I know God called this family to these three children. He has brought this family together and will be with them each step of the way, but that does not mean there won't be a few tough moments along the way. The blessings will be Huge though, that I do know.

I had better go pack so I can leave early. I love being here with Grams and Gramps, but I also look forward to this time to meet with some good friends and have a little "me time".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you that you were able to go down and see them come in and spend such precious time with the all the pins. Have a great time!