Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Good Friends

The goodbyes have started. After dropping Annabelle and Nicholas off at their house in Duluth I was able to meet up with my good friend Brenda for a walk along the lake walk. Bren and I met my freshman year in college, were roommates one year, and she has been one of my closest friends ever since. I am so thankful for her- always there to listen to me as well as encourage me and give me great advice. Someone I laugh with often and one of the first people I think of calling when things happen in my life. We have gone for MANY walks over the years, so what better way to say goodbye than to head out for one more. I am going to miss her!

After spending some time by the lake I headed up the hill with Derek to meet Holly at Grandma's for dinner. We all grew up in Cook together and I am grateful we have remained friends over the years. Well Holly is more like a sister and always has been and maybe you could say Derek is like a brother because we sure do bicker more than I do with almost anyone else- it's not a bad thing though (I'm sure it's just me). We had to go to Grandma's being that I do love it and Tuesday's special is Wild Chicken Tettrazini- my favorite. Another great way to spend my last evening in Duluth.

Both Holly and Derek are significant people in my life and one of the things I have appreciated most is how both of them have become such a part of my family as well. I am extremely bummed to miss the birth of Holly's son, but I will be right there when I get home to meet this precious boy. I cannot believe that Derek is moving to Texas and will be gone when I get home, but maybe I'll be looking to get back to some warm weather again so a trip south will be in order.

I know, I know- it is only 6 months, so what am I getting all emotional about? I am going to miss these three friends. I love them all dearly and am grateful to have them in my life.

Yes the goodbyes have started and I am sure they will continue all week. I do want to see everyone and at the same time it would be so much easier to just hop on the plane and leave.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so sweet! I will miss you dearly and it won't quite be the same not having you hear in July, but I will look forward to seeing you when you come back!!

Love you so much and I am so proud of you for taking on this amazing adventure. You're a true blessing to me and you will be to the people of Salone!

Holly

Anonymous said...

Have a rewarding time on your 6 month adventure. Who will be blogging for you so that we can keep up with you. Diana Lindgren Lundquist