Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thanks Ruth

My Aunt Ruth has been reading my blog and has in turn made Amy and I some great gifts that we will cherish forever. First she made us each a pair of fleece mittens that are Packers on the outside and Vikings on the inside for our Gramps. (as you may guess I have used them quite a bit this month of April- who would have known) Then she surprised us with a gift that is so unique and special I know we will both treasure it forever. I have a picture of Amy's and honestly I am just too lazy to unpack mine to take a picture so maybe I'll post one after I get to Salone. Here is Amy's-

This is to remember our trip to the playoff game at Lambeau Field this year in which our Gramps help us go and also gave us a dollar each to buy a souvenir, because that is all her thought the Packers were worth. It is made from shirts Gramps had worn and the back is one of his hankies. It is such a special reminder of him in so many ways- knowing times he wore each shirt, his humor in the dollar, his support of us in all we do, all the times we have battled over the Packers and the Vikings, and so much more. We have been blessed by him as well as those who remember him with us. Thank you Ruth- we cherish these precious gifts you have given to us.

No comments: