Sunday, April 6, 2008

Little Friends

I have been lucky enough to spend the last few days with my good friends Sarah's girls. Hannah and Mya have been so much fun for us to have around. Yesterday we spent some time playing in our old playhouse that we Shermer kids had growing up. It was a blast seeing Hannah use her imagination and allow us to come to "her house" for a visit as well as be told when it was time to leave. :)

I have been able to hang out with these sweet girls every Wednesday for the last 4 or 5 weeks. I have been helping out with the 3-5 year old class at church on Wed. nights so Hannah can come with and join out group, she loves it and so do I. Mya gets to spend time in the nursery where you know there are MANY toys so it is a good night for her as well. I have loved being a part of this class and am going to miss all the kids. They seem to have this way of getting into your heart.



Hannah peeking through the window, Mya enjoying the warm weather, and me getting some practice carrying kids around hands free.
So all of these pictures were taken yesterday. A nice warm spring day, great for being outside with no jacket and just enjoying the sun. However we can never forget that we live in Minnesota. So today... this is what Olmer's Cottage looks like. (the playhouse) Over a foot of snow on the ground and it is still coming down.
I thought it was warming up outside and Spring was coming (just like the rest of you). I was thinking that the transition to African weather would be a little less tramatic if I wasn't heading out of a snow storm into the tropical heat of the equater. I guess we just have to go with the flow though. (only 10 more days- I had better get packing)

1 comment:

Wallestads said...

Thank you SO much for sharing those fun pictures--those girls are so sweet, aren't they?? I don't know if I'll ever be able to express how grateful I am for you, Christie. (Your family, too!) I appreciate your willingness to give of yourself, to love unconditionally, and to support anyone who needs it. Being a big sister, I know you know how much I wish I could be around for Sarah right now... I'm glad that she's got you!

Hugs,
Melissa