Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Market Day

Saturday Jerry, Stevie and I took off for the market with clothes shopping in mind. Jerry had some birthday money to spend thanks to Mommy Brenda and Hindalo and wanted to get some new short trousers as he calls them. I also wanted to pick up a few things for some of the other children. However I admit to being a little nervous this time. In the past the market has been nothing to scare me but being out of practice and buying things that I am not as sure of the usual price made me with I had been "working out my market muscles" a little more :) At the end of the day I think we did fine. We managed to get 13 pairs of pants and 4 shirts for under $25. I have no doubt we could have done better but I also think we could have done worse and to top it all of we came home with smiles so that is the true test of a successful shopping day. The boys wanted to "send for" their mom. That means they wanted to get her something while we were in town. Not every time am I able to buy for everyone- that would get expensive quickly- but I appreciated where their hearts were and also have been very thankful for what the moms have been doing. We decided to get something for all 5 moms. I asked them what they wanted to get and after throwing out some options they decided they wanted to get them some cream- so off to the shop we went. At this point I thought it would be easy- just buy some cream and go home. They wanted to look at and smell the different creams. The other ladies in the shop were just smiling. SO WAS I- I love these boys and was so pleased to see the effort they were taking for their mom. They love Mommy Erica dearly already- as do the other children their moms. These ladies deserved this treat as well as the care and effort that went into selecting it.

No comments: