Sunday, July 6, 2008

MMMMM M&M Cookies

Here is another post I put together long ago- remember I told you about the cookies we made- we have since made a few more batches that have turned out much better but we have no photos to prove it so I guess we will be the only ones to know that.

I know I told our attempt to make some good old American cookies and have decided to show you our little experiment. Being that few of the kids have taken many pictures with the camera (though they absolutely LOVE to) you'll have to forgive our photographer- practice makes perfect.

PICT0695 Bindu and I after we had mixed all the ingredients- you might not be able to see it but at this point everything looks right- and tasted great too. (I think I've always enjoyed the dough more than the baked cookie)

PICT0696

PICT0697 Our first attempt to make an oven. These ones turned out a little more fried than baked as you can see from the pictures below, but with all that sugar and chocolate you can't really go wrong unless you burn it to a crisp.

PICT0714

PICT0715 We came up with a few ideas that worked a bit better but we have since come up with a much better plan so we are all waiting to try again soon. As I mentioned we had to divide the cookies up so much we each ended up with only a bite, but that bite was worth all the excitement and time spent working together. There's nothing like time spent in the kitchen baking together- even if it is an outdoor kitchen using an open fire in Africa.

PICT0738

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yum!

Thinking of you and marveling at you, Christie!

Lots of love coming your way!