Saturday, July 19, 2008

What to say?

Well first let me say that I was able to get four of the photos uploaded on the farm post but as I posted it it went below my mom's post, so just scrool down a bit and you'll see some of them.

Yes I have been a bit sick and I am trying to take the time to get better. I know my family has been quite worried and I am truly thankful for all of your prayers. I managed to catch a malaria that is resistent to most of the medications they use so when I took the malaria meds last time- it only managed to take away some of the syptoms, but those nasty parasites were still in me. I haven't felt terrible for the last few weeks but I also know I haven't been 100% either. Finally this week I had a cold, swollen glands, high fever, body aches, and NO energy and as much as I prayed for it to just run it's course and go away, I finally had to go to the hospital as my mom says. It turns out I had a few things going on, but soon all will be taken care of. I am feeling better, but it seems to fool me at times. I wake up in the morning with lots of energy and think that I am completely well and then around 9-10 I am exhausted again. The nights are not much fun either, but at least I know there is an end in sight with the meds (when we get them).

I didn't realize how much I worried my family until Annabelle and Nicholas' dad who is a doctor called me to check up on me. (I watched Annabelle and Nicholas since they were about 4 months old and still love spending time with them now that they are 6- some of my favorite people). Anyway it was so kind of him to call and it was nice to have him reassure me in the decisions I was making. Thanks Mike- I truly appreciate it (you too Brenda). I guess being that I haven't had a fever over 100 since I was about 10 yrs old and the fact I have never passed out before might scare my mom a bit, but God is good and I am on my way to recovery.

I have many posts that I want to put on and have learned that I need to limit them to one photo each and then it will work- how to choose the right one... I'll learn and soon be able to share all the exciting new things around here - like the starting of the new school building, and all our crazy activities during the kids' holiday from school- since we don't have summer here I cannot call it summer vacation.

Keep your prayers coming as it seems to take a bit to overcome this- but by God's grace I'll be wreaking havoc around Bo soon.

No comments: