Friday, July 4, 2008

Stuck on the Compound

Well I will not be leaving the compound for the next couple days. I received a message from the Embassy to stay close to home and then yesterday there was a riot in town between two of the political parties. Don't worry, I am not scared and am completely safe here at JCC, they just don't want me (or any of the kids) to go out for the next couple days just to be extra safe. I am pretty visible when I go out so I don't need to draw any extra unneeded attention. Tomorrow everyone will go to town to vote and then come right home again and we will be here together. It is not a bad thing to have to stay around, it just hampers my independence a bit and you know how hard it is to stay in one place for a few days- at least for me, but there are much bigger things to worry about than that.
Keep praying that God's will will be done in this election and in this country.

I am not sure if little Jessica is trying to send me a message to go home or what, but yesterday she was sitting on my lap and decided it was time to ease herself all over me, (she is about 14 months old, I am not exactly sure) and then this morning I had her tied on my back when she decided it was time she needed to vomit- not spit up- vomit all over me again. I'll let you know that even in America I hate doing laundry but over here I really dislike it as you have seen we do it all by hand, so now in two days I have gone through 4 sets of clothing... It is a good thing I love her and it is all worth it.

I am thinking of you all as it is July 4th today. I was telling my family that I think it is events like this that I miss the most- not the fireworks and all, but just knowing how we get together with our family and friends and spend the day at the lake and of course eating such good American food. I pray you all enjoy and have a great time. I'll sing all the songs I know about America today to the kids.

No comments: