Sunday, March 22, 2009

March Madness

I love March Madness but am feeling especially good this year. Each year I fill out my bracket and I admit to using my heart a little more than my head when it comes to the champion, but I do think about the rest quite a bit and try my best. I feel like I am doing exceptionally well (for me) this year.
I may not have had the greatest the first round, but definitely not my worst- 24 correct with 8 incorrect. The best part however is the second round. I sat in the rec room by myself watching the last 3 games all coming down to the last few seconds to determine the winner. I was jumping around cheering for my teams as they won and soon realized that I had picked all but one game correctly. That's right 15 out of 16. I jumped and screamed a little more and then looked around a little sheepishly and sat down. Enough of that- I headed into the other room to find only my mom, but who better to cheer with me than her- she'll join me even if she doesn't have a clue what I am talking about. (As well as give me a little more excitement and credit than is really called for in a moment like this, but is exactly what I may have gone in search of) I'll live this up now because I am sure my bracket will fall apart in the next round, but for now I am close to perfect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won our office bracket pool one year, basing my decisions on where I would rather vacation. I think every male co-worker of mine hated me.

We will see how this year goes...
Venessa

Anonymous said...

Good work. You're beating both Aaron and I. I'm not doing so hot this year. Was that a little heart, picking Duke to win? :)

Holly

grace said...

You've been quite busy Christie!! Glad you were able to come home and spendsome time with family and friends. How wonderful JK was able to do as much as he did!! FUN!! Loved the deer story andall the posts i've read so far which is only about half!Love your heart-u r amazing!