Thursday, March 12, 2009

SPRING?!?!?!

People ask when your birthday is and I usually reply, "in the Spring." I need to change that response. I know March may be considered Spring in some places but I am not sure it has ever been Spring up here in the great Northland. I woke this morning to the temperature of 30 below. It is now around 10 am and I am getting ready to head into town and it is still 15 below. However I was completely fooled. The sun is shinning, the air is calm- looking out the window it looks like a great day to be outside. I was planning to take the dogs for a walk later, maybe work on cleaning out the shed and who knows what else. All that ended when I went to start my car and once again my nose hairs froze, my cheeks stung, and deciding to run to the car caused my lungs to reject that cold air. Happy Birthday to me. It is still winter with no end in sight. At least the white snow is beautiful, fresh and clean. Cold weather or not- I'll still eat a piece of that ice cream cake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great birthday! Love ya!

MC said...

Happy birthday, Christie! My parents tell me a story about anxiously awaiting my (April) birthday when I was a kid and them pacifying me by saying "Your birthday comes when the snow is gone." That year we had a huge blizzard, and there's been snow more often than not ever since.

I blame global warming. Anyway, hope you had a good one!