Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Girls

Off and on for the past 3-4 weeks I have been staying here at the Cousineau's. I've been able to spend some good time with my sweet girls.




Sophie and I


Isabelle and me



It's crazy how time flies and they are so grown up. I love it now though as we can play some great games together and have some really good conversations. Our game that we are stuck on right now is Train Dominoes. We all love it in our family and I would love to bring it over to Sierra Leone- but it is so heavy. It is hard to give up that 3-4 lbs in my suitcase. We'll see.


The girls have also started music lessons- well for a couple years now. The special things is that the piano they are playing on used to be our great-grandmothers. My siblings and I (I say siblings because yes Nick had to take a year as well) also grew up playing on this same piano. It is beautiful though I am sure us Shermer kids contributed our fair share to the wear and tear. As so many others do, I too wish I would have played and practiced more. Right now these girls are very comfortable around a piano and I hope it continues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's where I learned dominoes!!! I totally forgot. My Mom bought it after we played it there. I pulled it out about a year ago and I got Aaron addicted to it too.