Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Dial-up is not a thing of the past...

So I have moved back up to the Iron Range and my mom has that good old dial-up that is so nice. You can get a lot done while on the internet. You connect- go do the dishes, go to your website- wash the counters, login-in- mop the floors, read email and click reply- organize the office.... and so on. I just love it (little sarcasm here). Anyway I have wanted to update you for a couple days and things have just not been cooperating.

The run-off election went well. Things were peaceful, praise God. It will take some time again to count the votes and to know the results. I have received a few texts and talked to a friend there and they are doing well. Continue to pray for peace as things seem to change quickly at times. I guess God teaches people all over the world patience- and I thought it was just me.

As for my family- I am at my grandparents right now. Gramps has had some pretty rough days lately. It is hard to watch, but I am so thankful to be able to be here. We never know what God has planned for us and to see He works everything together for the good... He has had His hand on me and I have felt it strongly. Not leaving earlier (like I wanted to) for Africa; having to move out of my place in Duluth and come back home; things I would have fought against have come together to be such a blessing to me. I am so grateful to be here. I know that the rest of my family does not have that option and the ways in which God has opened and closed doors for me...

Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement. They have come at times when I have really needed them.

2 comments:

Laura B. said...

Christie, your outlook on life really is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing it with us! I'm sorry for all you are going through; I hope God continues to give you strength.
Take care!

Wallestads said...

Hi! We loved your post about dial up. Josh's mom and dad recently went to something Sandi calls Wild Blue. It's better than traditional dial up, but still not as nice as our cable internet. We always get frustrated when we try to work online from "da range" as well. Josh said he was able to "hear" you telling your dial up story, and we both commented on how you would be laughing... you have a great laugh, Christie! God has filled you with joy, and I know that will carry you through tough times.

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Melissa, Josh, and Evan