Friday, September 14, 2007

Looks like Koroma

Nothing is going to be announced until next week (or os I hear), but it looks as though the new president of Sierra Leone will be Ernest Koroma. At the moment he has 60% of the vote and it seems that most of the votes are in. I am not sure when he will take office or how this change in power will effect the country. I know that our prayers are needed for some time to come.

This weekend everyone in the Olson family is coming home. It will be nice to be together and I know that my Grandpa is looking forward to having everyone with him. Many decisions will be made and I look forward to having some peace just knowing what the next step is and that God is going to be there with us. I am so grateful that God asks us to have faith in him and let him guide our steps. A few times when we asked Gramps what he thought about doing treatment or not- he would say that he didn't know, but that God made that decision and would let him know when he needed to. Always teaching us and leading us... that's my grandpa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christie and Amy spent the night with Gramms and Gramps last night. more life lessons to be learned thru caretaking and just being with them. How blessed we have been as a family to live this close to mom and dad and Grampa Nick and Gramma Syvilla - these kids have learned life lessons all their growing up days from those who could teach them well. Thanks for having a teachable heart, Ceek.
Love, Mom