Friday, September 7, 2007

New Post Part 1 of 2

I know that I haven't written in awhile and many of you are wondering what is going on- I will let you know where I have been but I need a whole new post for that. I think it is easiest to let you know what is going on over in Sierra Leone first.

The elections ended with no winner. A candidate must have 55% of the vote to be declared President and since no one had that there will be a run-off election between the top two candidates tomorrow, September 8th. For awhile the climate has been a bit violent, with pretty much the whole town of Bo shutting down. Gun shots, fires, people with stones and sticks meeting the parties campaigning, as well as other violent acts have been happening around the country. Recently Kormoa and Berewa (the two candidates) have met together to ask for peace and that does seem to have had some effect. Please pray for the elections tomorrow and in the days to come as it will take just as long to count the votes the second time. I know patience is running thin and the lack of news throughout the country doesn't help.

The staff and kids at Jonathan House are doing well. It is not always easy, but we all believe that God is in control. The faith and trust of these kids is beyond what many of us in America have experienced. Pastor Peter, Roger and the staff have the children's safety in mind and are prepared for whatever comes next.

Please pray- and I WILL let you know what happens.

-Though I did not want to wait to go, I guess the big man does know what He is doing.
-- also David is home here in Marshalltown with the whole Hatch family
---The container has also been sent and hopefully with arrive in Freetown October 20th

No comments: