Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Staying Here

I guess I never really let you know what my decision was about heading to Africa or not- I realized this after the last post. You can probably already guess that I am staying here. This is all happening faster than any of us expected and God has really put everything into place for me to be the one to stay with Grams and Gramps and help then in anyway that I can. I do miss the kids and my friends in Salone- but as Karen boland told me- "Africa will always be there". I need to be here with my grandpa and the rest of my family right now.

I will be going someday though-

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christie,

Thank you so much for making this site available to us all. We all love your family so much and are praying for all of you. Tell Wally that as soon as the carpenter's arm heals the screen porch is getting started. He will know what I am talking about. I love him so much. He is such a wonderful example of God's love here on earth. Love you guys, Sharon Elg

Laura B. said...

I think you made a good decision, Christie, although I'm sure it was tough. Your family is lucky to have you with them...

Erin said...

Christie,

You continue to amaze me. I so appreciate hearing about your life - so honest, positive, and inspiring. Thank you for sharing as you've worked through these decisions. You are in the midst of your very own plan and I admire your willingness to let Him lead you. My prayers are still heading in your direction.

Love you!

ps. Meet us in the cities next weekend!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Christie, I just want to tell you and your whole family what an honor it was to spend this evening with all of you. You are all so special in your own ways. I admire you for setting your dreams aside to stay with Grams and Gramps when they need you most. You are such a caring and kind person, they are lucky to have you with them looking out for them. I am glad that I have been able to get to know all of you and your Grams and Gramps have been such a blessing for not only me but for the kids as well. They will miss his greeting every week at FW Friends. See you soon and take care.
Michelle